My Shopping List
Smoky Fiesta Rice
Courtesy of California Ripe Olives
Serve With:Servings: 4
Grilled tortillas and black beans.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 2/3 c. yellow onions, 1/2"dice
+ 3/4 c. long grained white rice
+ 1 tsp. garlic, minced
+ 1 1/3 c. water
+ 1 1/2 tsp. Chipotle peppers in adobo, puréed
+ 3/4 c. red bell peppers, 1/2" dice
+ 3/4 c. yellow squash, 1/2" dice
+ 3/4 c. green peas, frozen
+ 2/3 c. California Ripe Olives, sliced
+ 3/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 c. green onions, chopped
+ 1/4 c. Cotija cheese, crumbled
What to do:
1. Heat 1 tsp. vegetable oil in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2-3 min. until translucent.
2. Stir in rice and continue to cook for 3-4 min. until just golden. Add garlic, cook for 1 min., then pour in water and chipotle puree. Bring to boil, then turn heat down to low, cover and cook for 20 min. until rice is tender.
3. In a separate sauté pan, heat remaining 2 tsp. of oil over medium heat. Add peppers and cook for 2-3 min.
4. Stir in squash and continue cooking for 3-4 min. Turn heat down to low, stir in peas and olives and cook until heated through. Season with salt.
5. Toss sautéed vegetables with cooked rice. Garnish with green onions and cotija cheese just before serving. Serves 4.
Calories: 263; Calories From Fat: 30; Total Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 9mg; Total Carbs: 39g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 799mg;